Skip to main content

CUTEA Detox Tea


It seems as if everyone is continually growing more health conscious lately which leaves room for new companies to sprout up and target the market full of vegan, gluten-free, diet obsessed, or just plain natural-eating consumers.  With the rise in obesity among the younger generations of our population today, I think this new health fad is wonderful.  The more aware we are of what foods we are putting in our bodies, the healthier we will be.  Arthur and I have been watching a ton of documentaries about food and diets and it has really put us on a clean-eating streak.  It's just crazy that around 80% of the food in our grocery stores have added sugar in them.  And how we are so easily deceived about these "healthy" granola bars or dietary meals that although they may be lower in calories, have so many horrible additives in them that are terrible for our bodies.

A market that has been springing up lately is the "skinny" or "detox" tea companies.  There are so many new companies that you can find just by browsing around Instagram for 5 minutes.  Do they actually work?  Are they actually good for you?  I decided to test these questions by trying out one of the companies I found via Instagram.

The company I chose was "CUTEA Slimming Detox Tea".  I chose this company because of the good reviews I saw, but I also chose the company because whenever you buy one of their products, they donate clean drinking water to a child in need.  Not only that, but when you receive your product- they will donate clean drinking water to another child in need if you take a picture of the bag and post it on one of your social media web pages.  So I figured that even if the tea didn't work, at least two children would be getting clean drinking water.


I received the 14 day tea set that comes with 14 tea bags (much more convenient than loose tea if you ask me).  I drank the tea mostly in the mornings right after I woke up or after I worked out and ate breakfast, it didn't seem like the timing made a difference.  The product states that the benefits of CUTEA are:
Boosts Energy and Metabolism
Increases Fat Loss
Controls Appetite
Eliminates Toxins
Enhances Skin and Hair

After finishing the 14 day "teatox", I feel like I noticed a difference in each of those areas.  I didn't lose any weight, but I did feel less bloated throughout the two weeks.  I also noticed that my skin seemed very clear and my hair felt healthier.  I'm not saying that the tea alone did all of this (it also takes a healthy diet and regular exercise to be healthy), but I do think that it made a difference in the way I felt.  I tend to eat a lot and my appetite seemed to be more controlled after drinking the tea.  I also felt more energized throughout the day, which was a very nice addition.  ALSO, it tastes GREAT... which sometimes is hard to find with these types of teas.

The ingredients are all natural and organic, so even if it has no effect on your body, the ingredients in themselves are great for you.  I  would recommend this tea to anyone who is looking for a delicious detox tea that tastes great and makes you feel even better!

Also, if you follow THIS link to their website, you can use the code "upwardfocused" and get 5% off your order!  So DOOO IT :)  And if you have any questions for me about the tea, don't hesitate to comment below!! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No words needed.

Names are only so helpful--> but pictures! That's what draws people in.  Could be a memory of a time, or the feeling you get when you picture yourself in that situation.  The power of photography is huge . Pictures can take you back to a moment you had-- one that you could never go back and repeat, and it gives you joy.  Photography can also cause laughter, and quite frequently--embarrassment.  For those pictures, thankfully there is a delete button.  But compare this post to my last one.  Instead of the names of all of the cities and countries to visit on a Eurotrip , try pictures .  See if it entices you more.  These pictures correlate with the list of cities in my previous blogpost... but I will have to split it in half and show you the first fifteen in this post, the last 16 in the next.. :)

Tiffany & Co Bridal Shower

So you've seen my Coral themed bridal shower (For those of you that haven't, you should definitely check it out here ) but as my duties as a maid of honor, I was given the opportunity and privilege to host my cousin's bridal shower.  When I asked her what she wanted as a theme- she knew instantly.  "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  I had no idea how many great ideas I would find on Pinterest under this category, but let me tell you- there was millions!  It was so fun.  We had it this last saturday at the same place I had mine at- so some of the things look pretty similar, just in a different color.  Everyone was asked to wear black which was adorable, and the bride wore a black and white dress so she stood out.  She looked so beautiful.

10 Reasons Why Japan is Wonderful

Japan is a very special, unique little place.  Well- it’s not THAT little. Especially when it holds a population of around 127 million.  But what makes Japan so great?  Because as soon as you step on their soil, you know there is something wonderful about the place.  I’ve compiled a list of interesting characteristics about Japan and its people that have captured my love for this foreign, hello-kitty loving, beautiful place.   CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I haven’t been somewhere that has such great customer service.  They will literally run to get you what you asked for, or run around to try and make sure that the customer is happy.  I once asked about a product in the grocery store and they ran to the back of the store, bagged up what I needed, and ran it back to me in under two minutes. 2.       CUSTOMER SERVICE IN RESTAURANTS The customer service in restaurants is quite different than in the U.S.  Typically, they have a button at the table that you press when you are ready t