Skip to main content

The Proposal!!

At first, I had no idea that I was going to get to witness a proposal but come to find out, Taylor didn't really expect to propose at first either.  We stayed in New York at Erika's parent's house for a couple nights before embarking on our road trip.  It was in this time that Taylor was going to talk to Erika's parents about proposing.  They talked for a while and then it was mentioned that Taylor should ask her at party they were throwing for all three kids, in front of all her closest friends and family. At first it was just talked about, but then it was decided.  He was going to ask her that night! Taylor pulled Arthur and I aside and told us the news. We were shocked...and so excited! Taylor had brought the ring to New York to go along with us on our road trip with the idea of possibly proposing somewhere along the road. It was too perfect to wait though.  He was going to ask her in a few hours.  

The party got started and many of Erika's friends and family showed up.  They were celebrating Erika's 21st birthday, and her brother Don's high school graduation, and her brother Dan's  college graduation.  We ate the delicious food that we helped prepare and sat back and met a countless number of wonderful people.  Then came the time for a toast! Erika's whole family went and stood in front of everyone as her parents talked about how proud they were of their children who aren't quite children anymore. That's when Taylor walked up because he wanted to wish Erika "happy birthday" or something...  As he started talking he suddenly got serious and turned to her and started talking about how he wants to spend forever with her.  And at that moment she knew exactly what was happening, as did everyone else.  He got down on one knee and asked her that magical question almost every woman dreams about, "Will you marry me?" AWWWWWWW!!! It was so so so adorable.  And made me cry, along with a bunch of other people.  The happiness on her face and the love they showed for each other was perfect. 

I had never seen a proposal prior to that, but I decided it's my new favorite thing to watch.  I love watching two people so deeply in love commit their lives to each other.  It makes me want to cry and cry some more out of pure happiness and joy for the couple.  

So that's how we started the road trip.  Erika and Taylor engaged, Dan just graduated college, and Arthur and I getting to spend the next 8 days together NONSTOP.  Sounds perfect to me.  And it was! It was such an incredible journey, but I'll save the trip for the next blog post.  :) 

Before the proposal
 
The proposal <3

and a picture of Arthur and I...just because I love him :)
(in NY)

I'll  make sure to talk about what we actually did on this "road trip" we went on but too many things happened just before it, so I had to mention those too! 

Love, 
Jenessa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No words needed.

Names are only so helpful--> but pictures! That's what draws people in.  Could be a memory of a time, or the feeling you get when you picture yourself in that situation.  The power of photography is huge . Pictures can take you back to a moment you had-- one that you could never go back and repeat, and it gives you joy.  Photography can also cause laughter, and quite frequently--embarrassment.  For those pictures, thankfully there is a delete button.  But compare this post to my last one.  Instead of the names of all of the cities and countries to visit on a Eurotrip , try pictures .  See if it entices you more.  These pictures correlate with the list of cities in my previous blogpost... but I will have to split it in half and show you the first fifteen in this post, the last 16 in the next.. :)

Tiffany & Co Bridal Shower

So you've seen my Coral themed bridal shower (For those of you that haven't, you should definitely check it out here ) but as my duties as a maid of honor, I was given the opportunity and privilege to host my cousin's bridal shower.  When I asked her what she wanted as a theme- she knew instantly.  "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  I had no idea how many great ideas I would find on Pinterest under this category, but let me tell you- there was millions!  It was so fun.  We had it this last saturday at the same place I had mine at- so some of the things look pretty similar, just in a different color.  Everyone was asked to wear black which was adorable, and the bride wore a black and white dress so she stood out.  She looked so beautiful.

10 Reasons Why Japan is Wonderful

Japan is a very special, unique little place.  Well- it’s not THAT little. Especially when it holds a population of around 127 million.  But what makes Japan so great?  Because as soon as you step on their soil, you know there is something wonderful about the place.  I’ve compiled a list of interesting characteristics about Japan and its people that have captured my love for this foreign, hello-kitty loving, beautiful place.   CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I haven’t been somewhere that has such great customer service.  They will literally run to get you what you asked for, or run around to try and make sure that the customer is happy.  I once asked about a product in the grocery store and they ran to the back of the store, bagged up what I needed, and ran it back to me in under two minutes. 2.       CUSTOMER SERVICE IN RESTAURANTS The customer service in restaurants is quite different than in the U.S.  Typically, they have a button at the table that you press when you are ready t