Skip to main content

PURE JOY

Well, the moment almost every woman waits for in her life occurred for me at the beginning of this month.
No, it wasn't getting my license. 
No, it was not graduation high school.  
No, it was not turning 21.  
No, it was not graduating college. 

What it was, was the start to new life as part of a relationship with my now fiancé, who asked me to marry him on a beautiful february day.  

February 1st rolled around, and it was Saturday.  Already a splendid day, being it the weekend, not to mention mine and Arthur's weekly "date night".  Also, I went all of January without eating sweets (I have the biggest sweet tooth ever), so I could finally be reunited with the sugary goodness I enjoy.  Overall, it was bound to be a great day.  However, I could have never imagined it being as good as it was. 

Arthur tricked me into dressing fancy because "I dressed up for work today" he said, so I had to also. That was no issue for me, as I love dressing up BUT it takes me a while sometimes.  I wanted to look nice for him,  and somehow I always allow myself more time than I have. You think I would learn, but still have yet to do so.  With 30 minutes remaining until Arthur picked me up, my roommate Sarah and I ran to the mall to hopefully find something I would like. No such luck there, already running late I ran home and grabbed something in my closet and threw it on, while Arthur was patiently waiting at the door. He said I looked beautiful, but I think he just wanted to get going ;).  

Our original plan was to go to Marche, one of the nicer restaurants in Eugene.  As we were headed in the opposite direction, he mentioned that because it was sunny we should head up to King Estates, one of the vineyards in Eugene.  How could I forget to mention that he had a sonic slush drink waiting for me when I got in the car-- my favorite kind too! He is so wonderful.  So we drove out, quickly too I might add-- to King Estates.  Probably one of the only popular restaurants I haven't been to. He seemed to be going faster and faster, and I seemed to be getting angry due to the car sickness he was producing in me haha, I'm such a winer sometimes.  Arthur said he "just wants to keep up with the other cars", and that was his reason for speeding.  

Little did I know, sunset was happening anytime, and because of my lateness in getting ready, I caused us to ALMOST miss the beautiful sunset--potentially ruining everything! We finally got there and I got out of the car and into the fresh air to calm my carsickness from my race car driver boyfriend.  We parked in a secluded parking lot (sketchy..?) and walked towards the restaurant. 

In the distance I noticed some pretty flowers but thought it was just part of King Estate's garden.  Until Arthur said "we should go look at it"... and at that moment I had a fairly good clue as to what was about to happen.  We walked to this beautiful heart made out of rose pedals in the middle of a grassy area, surrounded by a heart of candles.  It was creative.  It was beautiful.  It was perfect.  


We stood in the middle of the heart, with a little reluctance from me at first.. I didn't want to ruin it! It looked so good!  As we stepped in the heart, I heard "click, click, click" from the cameras that were poking out of bushes.  I was too nervous to look around so I simply stared into the beautiful man I would call my boyfriend for only moments longer.  We stood in the middle and Arthur talked to me about how much he loved me, and how we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together.  And that's when it happened! He got down on one knee and pulled out the most beautiful ring I have ever seen.  I cried a little bit (I may be an emotional person..), and then embraced the man I would call my fiancé, and soon call my husband.  It was the perfect proposal.  We were gleaming with happiness as the sneaky photographer friends came out of the bushes to congratulate us.  

We stood there excitedly and talked a little bit, but it was pretty cold and the sunset had just gone down (perfect timing :) ) and so we went inside while our friends were wonderful and picked up the flowers and candles.  It was perfect.  We were able to sit and just enjoy our time together, just us two, newly engaged and talking about our future, and our love for one another.  King Estates gave us some congradulatory sparkling white wine which was delicious, and we shared a wonderful meal.  

On the way home I called my mom who wanted us to stop by, and talked to my dad and my brother as well to tell them the exciting news.  We stopped by my mom's house for about 15 minutes so she could see the ring and she could congratulate us.  BECAUSE it was February 1st and I could finally eat sweets after a LONG month of retaining, we went to my favorite dessert place in Eugene: Sweet Life.  We showed up and I saw a group of friends standing and talking outside.  I instantly thought they were all hanging out and just didn't invite us to hang out with them and thought it was going to be so awkward! As we were walking towards them, a group of about 20-30 of our friends yelled "Congrats!!!" and greeted us.  Little did I know, all those friends were there for US.  How special.  How sweet of them.  It was incredible.  We gleamed with joy and happiness as we told our friends about the proposal and our night and how wonderful it was.  

The night could not have gone better.  We had our intimate time together, just us two--to be excited over dinner.. and we ALSO got to celebrate with our wonderful friends and share the moment with them too.  The Lord has blessed our relationship so much, and although we have been through some really tough times, we have grown immensely from those moments and little did we know, The Lord was working in our lives and in our relationship and He ultimately had a WAY BETTER plan for us than we did. 

So there you go! It's long and in-depth, but it was such an incredible moment that I could talk about it for hours.  I am so happy and blessed to now be engaged to my wonderful fiancé, Arthur and I cannot wait to marry him.  I am so excited to continue following the Lord together and praising God for his sovereignty, mercy, and love.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No words needed.

Names are only so helpful--> but pictures! That's what draws people in.  Could be a memory of a time, or the feeling you get when you picture yourself in that situation.  The power of photography is huge . Pictures can take you back to a moment you had-- one that you could never go back and repeat, and it gives you joy.  Photography can also cause laughter, and quite frequently--embarrassment.  For those pictures, thankfully there is a delete button.  But compare this post to my last one.  Instead of the names of all of the cities and countries to visit on a Eurotrip , try pictures .  See if it entices you more.  These pictures correlate with the list of cities in my previous blogpost... but I will have to split it in half and show you the first fifteen in this post, the last 16 in the next.. :)

Tiffany & Co Bridal Shower

So you've seen my Coral themed bridal shower (For those of you that haven't, you should definitely check it out here ) but as my duties as a maid of honor, I was given the opportunity and privilege to host my cousin's bridal shower.  When I asked her what she wanted as a theme- she knew instantly.  "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  I had no idea how many great ideas I would find on Pinterest under this category, but let me tell you- there was millions!  It was so fun.  We had it this last saturday at the same place I had mine at- so some of the things look pretty similar, just in a different color.  Everyone was asked to wear black which was adorable, and the bride wore a black and white dress so she stood out.  She looked so beautiful.

10 Reasons Why Japan is Wonderful

Japan is a very special, unique little place.  Well- it’s not THAT little. Especially when it holds a population of around 127 million.  But what makes Japan so great?  Because as soon as you step on their soil, you know there is something wonderful about the place.  I’ve compiled a list of interesting characteristics about Japan and its people that have captured my love for this foreign, hello-kitty loving, beautiful place.   CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I haven’t been somewhere that has such great customer service.  They will literally run to get you what you asked for, or run around to try and make sure that the customer is happy.  I once asked about a product in the grocery store and they ran to the back of the store, bagged up what I needed, and ran it back to me in under two minutes. 2.       CUSTOMER SERVICE IN RESTAURANTS The customer service in restaurants is quite different than in the U.S.  Typically, they have a button at the table that you press when you are ready t