Skip to main content

Planning.

I don't really know what to label this blog post because I am not really sure what I even want talk about.  Currently I am at work, on this cold, dark, EARLY Friday morning.  Not to mention, my LAST Friday before school starts... booo.  BUT on the bright side, I only have two terms left until I graduate.  This term is going to be pretty hard with four business classes that contain a lot of finances and math.  Thankfully I have a very intelligent boyfriend who works in the financial industry so I will be able to get some help from him :).

I have come to realize I am an avid dreamer.  I love planning for my future which is a good thing, but also a bad thing. 

Proverb 27:1 says: 

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring."

In planning and dreaming up my future,  I need to allow room for God to work in my life because ultimately, he has a perfect plan for my life if I just listen.  I love to travel but maybe God has a plan for me to stay exactly where I am right now.  I would like a new job but maybe God wants to keep me in my current job right now for some reason.  God's plan will not always be congruent with my plan and that's where I am called to be obedient and put aside my selfish desires and listen to where God is calling me at this moment, and every moment I come to. 

This is hard for me because I love to think of what I could be doing in a year, or in a couple months, or a couple days, or even in a couple hours from now.  Don't get me wrong, planning is good, but it's necessary that we leave room for God to work in our lives.   Make tentative plans, but don't be disappointed if everything doesn't go as planned.  Guaranteed, God is working in your life right now for your good.  God loves us!  Everything he has planned is good and because he loves us.  Even if you don't see the good at that moment, you may in the future.  But even if you don't see the good in the future, rest assured that God is taking you through the valleys of the shadow of death because it will benefit you in one way or another.  

Joel Osteen said:

 “God will accelerate his plan for your life as you put your trust in him. God is giving you victory sooner than you think,” 

which is similar to what Rick Warren said:

 “God’s plan for your life isn’t a map you see all at once, but a scroll unrolled a little at a time, requiring faith,”.  

What gives me peace in this though is Romans 8:28:
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,  for those who are called according to his purpose."

Love The Lord.  God loves us and wants to make us happy, but it's essential that we put our faith in Him as well as our whole hearts. 

 Love,
Jenessa 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No words needed.

Names are only so helpful--> but pictures! That's what draws people in.  Could be a memory of a time, or the feeling you get when you picture yourself in that situation.  The power of photography is huge . Pictures can take you back to a moment you had-- one that you could never go back and repeat, and it gives you joy.  Photography can also cause laughter, and quite frequently--embarrassment.  For those pictures, thankfully there is a delete button.  But compare this post to my last one.  Instead of the names of all of the cities and countries to visit on a Eurotrip , try pictures .  See if it entices you more.  These pictures correlate with the list of cities in my previous blogpost... but I will have to split it in half and show you the first fifteen in this post, the last 16 in the next.. :)

Tiffany & Co Bridal Shower

So you've seen my Coral themed bridal shower (For those of you that haven't, you should definitely check it out here ) but as my duties as a maid of honor, I was given the opportunity and privilege to host my cousin's bridal shower.  When I asked her what she wanted as a theme- she knew instantly.  "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  I had no idea how many great ideas I would find on Pinterest under this category, but let me tell you- there was millions!  It was so fun.  We had it this last saturday at the same place I had mine at- so some of the things look pretty similar, just in a different color.  Everyone was asked to wear black which was adorable, and the bride wore a black and white dress so she stood out.  She looked so beautiful.

10 Reasons Why Japan is Wonderful

Japan is a very special, unique little place.  Well- it’s not THAT little. Especially when it holds a population of around 127 million.  But what makes Japan so great?  Because as soon as you step on their soil, you know there is something wonderful about the place.  I’ve compiled a list of interesting characteristics about Japan and its people that have captured my love for this foreign, hello-kitty loving, beautiful place.   CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I haven’t been somewhere that has such great customer service.  They will literally run to get you what you asked for, or run around to try and make sure that the customer is happy.  I once asked about a product in the grocery store and they ran to the back of the store, bagged up what I needed, and ran it back to me in under two minutes. 2.       CUSTOMER SERVICE IN RESTAURANTS The customer service in restaurants is quite different than in the U.S.  Typically, they have a button at the table that you press when you are ready t