Skip to main content

My Top 15 Wedding Picture Favorites!

Arthur and I FINALLY just got our wedding pictures back and I've been so excited!  Browsing through 1600 pictures of the best day of my life is almost like just reliving it.  It's really hard to choose which pictures are my favorite- mostly because I love them all (or most of them), and also because each picture encompasses a different memory I had of that wonderful day.  I managed to pick 15 of my favorites, each for different reasons.  Here you are: :)


1.  I have to admit-  I really like this one mainly because my husband looks so handsome.  I love the genuine smile on the guys' faces and how relaxed they seem.  (considering that a couple doors down in the bridesmaid's room it wasn't as relaxing... hair/makeup/dress/food, so much to worry about! ;) )

2.  I love this one.  My incredible big brother helping his soon-to-be brother-in-law.  Two of the most important men in my life.  This picture brings me such joy.

3.  This picture is special to me.  Lori (my best friend's mom who was our florist) surprised me the day of the wedding with this little charm on my bouquet.  Who knew that such a small charm could bring such joy.  It was such a wonderful reminder of my sweet brother who although he wasn't there in person, he was definitely there in our hearts. 

4.  A simple word comes to mind when I see this picture: adoration.  Adoration is defined as deep love or respect.  Here I think we are showing both.  Such love towards each other, and I have such respect for the man who has become my husband.  

5.  A girl has to have some great girlfriends by her side in life- and these four ladies here are it.   They have impacted my life in countless ways and are beautiful women- inside and out.  Megan and Sara are my cousins- but definitely feel more like sisters than anything.  They know how to make me smile and I am so thankful for them.  Lindee has been my best friend since we were 5- can you imagine who many memories we have together?  We have grown from little crazy 5 year olds to bigger crazy women- who have matured and been by each other's sides at all times. I have known Erika for about 2 years now- and even in that short time she has been such a blessing.  Her infectious smile and godly heart have been so encouraging to me. 

6.  The men.  OH EMM GEE.  How adorable is this.  Arthur has incredible friends and I am so thankful for each one of them.  And again... I think he looks so sexy :) Plus black and white is just so GQ.  Way to go, men.  :)

7.  My wonderful mother and I.  We've been through so much together and she really has become a true friend to me.  She is the strongest woman I know, and she is also one of the most loving people I know.  Not to mention she is beautiful. 

8. I love this for the simple fact that this is the beautiful family I walked into this day.  They have been caring, sweet, and wonderful to me and it has been such an incredible journey getting to know them and becoming family.  Plus, I get another brother and now a little sister!  Adorable.

9.  More family.  Family is so important to me, and I think that's why I love all of these pictures so much.   My dad and Becky are so sweet, loving, and amazing.  And I don't really think I can truly express the love a girl feels for her big brother.  I look up to him so much.  


10.  Arthur's reaction as I walked down the aisle to become his wife.  His tear filled eyes and smile on his face show what a deeply wonderful man he is.  He is so tender-hearted and loving- so earnest and gentle.  He wears his heart on his sleeve but that makes him the sweet, loving man he is today.  I LOVE this picture.  So handsome.

11. The moment I put the ring on his finger.  The symbol that represents a bond between husband and wife- one that will not be broken until death do us part, through sickness, trials, triumphs, moves to Japan, silly fights, tough nights, and waking up every morning to his smiling (and groggy, cute) face.  Our smiles are so genuine, and I remember feeling so giddy.

12.  Not the kiss, but the moment RIGHT before the kiss.  I can just see the joy in our faces and remember the love in our hearts.  I'm holding his head like "this is the day I have dreamed of" and he's looking into my eyes thinking the same thing.  Sweet, sweet love. 

13. I loved all of our dancing pictures.  The lighting and the color of the sky are perfect.  And we were married at this point.  HUSBAND AND WIFE.  Oh how I can recall this wonderful feeling when I look at this picture.  It was so new and it was so happy.  And the best part is-  It is still such a wonderful feeling. 

14.  The twirl!!  How many times did we practice this?!  Okay, so not that many, but I must admit that I was so nervous for this!  What if I trip on my dress?  What if I spin the wrong way?  But my husband lead me and it turned out perfectly.  I love the smile on our faces.

15. THIS.  The adoring look that a daughter has for her father.  What an incredible, wonderful man.  I have to say he has always been honest with me and always encourages me to be a better woman, look for the good in everyone, and to be understanding of others.


So I know those were all pretty serious, sentimental pictures.  Now time for some of the good & crazy ones.... here's just a few... so much fun!!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No words needed.

Names are only so helpful--> but pictures! That's what draws people in.  Could be a memory of a time, or the feeling you get when you picture yourself in that situation.  The power of photography is huge . Pictures can take you back to a moment you had-- one that you could never go back and repeat, and it gives you joy.  Photography can also cause laughter, and quite frequently--embarrassment.  For those pictures, thankfully there is a delete button.  But compare this post to my last one.  Instead of the names of all of the cities and countries to visit on a Eurotrip , try pictures .  See if it entices you more.  These pictures correlate with the list of cities in my previous blogpost... but I will have to split it in half and show you the first fifteen in this post, the last 16 in the next.. :)

Tiffany & Co Bridal Shower

So you've seen my Coral themed bridal shower (For those of you that haven't, you should definitely check it out here ) but as my duties as a maid of honor, I was given the opportunity and privilege to host my cousin's bridal shower.  When I asked her what she wanted as a theme- she knew instantly.  "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  I had no idea how many great ideas I would find on Pinterest under this category, but let me tell you- there was millions!  It was so fun.  We had it this last saturday at the same place I had mine at- so some of the things look pretty similar, just in a different color.  Everyone was asked to wear black which was adorable, and the bride wore a black and white dress so she stood out.  She looked so beautiful.

10 Reasons Why Japan is Wonderful

Japan is a very special, unique little place.  Well- it’s not THAT little. Especially when it holds a population of around 127 million.  But what makes Japan so great?  Because as soon as you step on their soil, you know there is something wonderful about the place.  I’ve compiled a list of interesting characteristics about Japan and its people that have captured my love for this foreign, hello-kitty loving, beautiful place.   CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I haven’t been somewhere that has such great customer service.  They will literally run to get you what you asked for, or run around to try and make sure that the customer is happy.  I once asked about a product in the grocery store and they ran to the back of the store, bagged up what I needed, and ran it back to me in under two minutes. 2.       CUSTOMER SERVICE IN RESTAURANTS The customer service in restaurants is quite different than in the U.S.  Typically, they have a button at the table that you press when you are ready t