Skip to main content

and it changes!

I've  been off today.  I started the day at 5:30am, which could have been part of the problem, but the bigger issue was my MIND!

I think I have figured it out.  

Sometimes it's hard to rejoice with others in their successes. 
Instead, we tend to get jealous.
It's a very selfish dilemma. 

It's easy to say "I am so happy for you!", with a fake smile on your face as you secretly wish it was you who got the A on the test, you who got the new job, you who are an expert at piano, or dancing, or singing.  

Jealousy is the most uncontrollable sin.  So how do we quit?  

Romans 12:15 says:
Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

Sure, it's inspiring to read, but when you are put in that situation, it is much easier to think that than to actually put it in action.  

I was feeling down because I watch people around me excel at so many things and do well at all sorts of things but leave it to me to be jealous! [c'mon girl!]

[...before I carry on, I must mention a very important part of my life-- the man I love! He goes by the name of .Arthur.  We have been dating for six months and it has been fantastic.  We are growing together by the hand of the Lord, and together we will continue to grow, worshiping God and trying to love each other in a way that can only come from Christ-- who is the central focus of our relationship.  I am so blessed. But I'll stop before I go on forever... maybe I'll talk about our relationship more in a later blog post :).....]

Anyways, as I was explaining to Arthur the things I was feeling, he called me out! He told me I need to count my blessings and focus on what I do have instead of wanting more more more.

I think this is how we can start to better rejoice in others successes and happiness.  

By understanding that God has a different plan for your life, and by focusing on the incredible things that you already have, it will be easier to be happy for your friend, family, coworker (etc.) as they are celebrating their new success.  

As I sit here in Starbucks and look around, I have so much to be grateful for.  
The Lord is good, and will provide you with what you NEED (a big difference sometimes from what you WANT), in the best time.   

(His timing is 100% always better than ours)

I am thankful
for:
my family.
my friends.
a church that makes disciples, and teaches The Word.  (Sometimes hard to find)
sunshine.











a small car that is able to park in tiny parking spots.
a car at all.
the banana waiting to be eaten that will keep me healthy and full.
the homework I have because I am able to go to school and attain an education.
muh love arthur. 
 













the ability to work.
a job which I all too frequently complain about.
an awesome roommate, JADA.
...which means I have a roof over my head. (even if it has ants sometimes.)
coffee, to keep me awake.
flowers.
 













sometimes I like my crazy curly hair. 
the ability to run. 
food to eat.  
sunrises.
 










the ability to serve in my church.
a phone. 
joyfulness. 
A God that loves me.
A God that has forgiven me, and sent his son to die for my sins. 
A patient, omniscient, jealous, beautiful God. 


I could go on and on. I am incredibly blessed and need to appreciate what I do have instead of what I don't have.  If anyone happens to fall on this page and read this, I'd love to hear things that you are thankful for. 

It can really cheer you up :)

After procrastinating on studying for finals by writing this blog, I am finally going to start.
well, 
maybe after I eat my banana.  

love always,

J.
PS (this is me) :)
 |
 | 
 v 



I love to smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No words needed.

Names are only so helpful--> but pictures! That's what draws people in.  Could be a memory of a time, or the feeling you get when you picture yourself in that situation.  The power of photography is huge . Pictures can take you back to a moment you had-- one that you could never go back and repeat, and it gives you joy.  Photography can also cause laughter, and quite frequently--embarrassment.  For those pictures, thankfully there is a delete button.  But compare this post to my last one.  Instead of the names of all of the cities and countries to visit on a Eurotrip , try pictures .  See if it entices you more.  These pictures correlate with the list of cities in my previous blogpost... but I will have to split it in half and show you the first fifteen in this post, the last 16 in the next.. :)

Tiffany & Co Bridal Shower

So you've seen my Coral themed bridal shower (For those of you that haven't, you should definitely check it out here ) but as my duties as a maid of honor, I was given the opportunity and privilege to host my cousin's bridal shower.  When I asked her what she wanted as a theme- she knew instantly.  "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  I had no idea how many great ideas I would find on Pinterest under this category, but let me tell you- there was millions!  It was so fun.  We had it this last saturday at the same place I had mine at- so some of the things look pretty similar, just in a different color.  Everyone was asked to wear black which was adorable, and the bride wore a black and white dress so she stood out.  She looked so beautiful.

10 Reasons Why Japan is Wonderful

Japan is a very special, unique little place.  Well- it’s not THAT little. Especially when it holds a population of around 127 million.  But what makes Japan so great?  Because as soon as you step on their soil, you know there is something wonderful about the place.  I’ve compiled a list of interesting characteristics about Japan and its people that have captured my love for this foreign, hello-kitty loving, beautiful place.   CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I haven’t been somewhere that has such great customer service.  They will literally run to get you what you asked for, or run around to try and make sure that the customer is happy.  I once asked about a product in the grocery store and they ran to the back of the store, bagged up what I needed, and ran it back to me in under two minutes. 2.       CUSTOMER SERVICE IN RESTAURANTS The customer service in restaurants is quite different than in the U.S.  Typically, they have a button at the table that you press when you are ready t