Skip to main content

Here we go again :)

Considering I can't even think of a sentence to start this blog out with, this may be harder than I thought.  Blogging has never been of much importance to me as I go on living my everyday life.  I should have figured this though, if the stacks of blank journals that lie around my room are any indication of my ability to sit down and write about my day, or anything for that matter. In fact I just finished filling out my first journal ever, from front to back.  [proud moment]  Most of the other journals may have started out strong, maybe 5 pages filled out or if I was really motivated, possibly even 10!

I don't know who will read this, if anyone, but the point of it (as for right now, as goals do change) is to keep it updated, practice my writing skills per se. I think blogs are so interesting! I can sit down and read through blog after blog, and what a cool thing to have for my family or friends to read, possibly my children in the future too.  If all else fails, at least I will have a recollection of what I was doing in my 20s. Maybe in 5 years I'll even be able to update this in my driverless car while wearing Google glasses.  All in all, I hope if you are taking time to read through this you get a glimpse of my life and want to reach out!

A little about myself before I end this semi-boring first blog post...

I am 22 years old.  Which I think this means I can rock out to Taylor Swift's "22" every day for a year which I am so pleased about.  I definitely enjoy her music, along with every 15 year old in America, but that's beside the point.  She's cool.

I was born and raised in Eugene, OR and have not traveled far.  I am finishing up my Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at the University of Oregon and I am really excited to be done.  I want a career in Marketing or Advertising, and wouldn't mind getting out of Eugene with it :). 

I've tried to get out, but my whole family (extended family included) live here, which has been so nice growing up with my brother, parents, cousins and aunts and uncles.  (We have a big family).  Family is so important to me and I don't know what I would do without them.  My brother is my role model and one of the strongest men I know.  He is such a loving person and I am so fortunate that he is in my life.  But enough with this sappy stuff or you guys might tune out quickly.. 

The first time I tried leaving Eugene was after high school.  I went to Portland State University for about 6 months, and decided in my naive state of mind that I didn't like it so I transferred to the UO.  My second expedition lead me to Spain on a study abroad program with CIEE.  This was such an amazing experience and so eye-opening.  It also cracked open my intense passion to travel.  Oh! How I love to travel.  I was fortunate enough to meet 3 amazing girls that we spend most of our time there together, and were able to travel all around.  I have about 3 blog posts about it, which is unfortunate I don't have more, but I told you I have never been good at journals/blogging. 

While in Spain I was able to see a lot of the world.  My brother and mom came and visited me and we were able to travel around to different countries as well, which was so incredible and such a fun experience.  I'll post pictures over time, if I am able to keep this updated (I will be! I am optimistic.), but I was able to go to [Spain]..obviously, as well as Portugal, Morocco, Italy, France, Germany, and Greece.  Just talking about it makes me want to go back! I would love to backpack in South America or Europe for a couple months and I'm hoping one day I will get to.  If not months, a couple weeks will suffice. 

I must mention the church I go to, as it has played such a big part in my life.  I attend Ekklesia , a church which is about 5 years old.  It has been such a positive thing in my life.  God is so good. He can do miraculous things.  Never give up faith.

As for right now, I am sitting at work (a gym I work at) where I started at 4am this morning.  I am surprisingly not too tired, I think writing this woke me  up a bit.  This blog has no main purpose as for now, unlike those awesome cooking ones, or life advice blogs.  Maybe one day, but as for now, I'll just enjoy reading them.  Feel free to comment or reach out to me!

<3

J.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No words needed.

Names are only so helpful--> but pictures! That's what draws people in.  Could be a memory of a time, or the feeling you get when you picture yourself in that situation.  The power of photography is huge . Pictures can take you back to a moment you had-- one that you could never go back and repeat, and it gives you joy.  Photography can also cause laughter, and quite frequently--embarrassment.  For those pictures, thankfully there is a delete button.  But compare this post to my last one.  Instead of the names of all of the cities and countries to visit on a Eurotrip , try pictures .  See if it entices you more.  These pictures correlate with the list of cities in my previous blogpost... but I will have to split it in half and show you the first fifteen in this post, the last 16 in the next.. :)

Tiffany & Co Bridal Shower

So you've seen my Coral themed bridal shower (For those of you that haven't, you should definitely check it out here ) but as my duties as a maid of honor, I was given the opportunity and privilege to host my cousin's bridal shower.  When I asked her what she wanted as a theme- she knew instantly.  "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  I had no idea how many great ideas I would find on Pinterest under this category, but let me tell you- there was millions!  It was so fun.  We had it this last saturday at the same place I had mine at- so some of the things look pretty similar, just in a different color.  Everyone was asked to wear black which was adorable, and the bride wore a black and white dress so she stood out.  She looked so beautiful.

10 Reasons Why Japan is Wonderful

Japan is a very special, unique little place.  Well- it’s not THAT little. Especially when it holds a population of around 127 million.  But what makes Japan so great?  Because as soon as you step on their soil, you know there is something wonderful about the place.  I’ve compiled a list of interesting characteristics about Japan and its people that have captured my love for this foreign, hello-kitty loving, beautiful place.   CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I haven’t been somewhere that has such great customer service.  They will literally run to get you what you asked for, or run around to try and make sure that the customer is happy.  I once asked about a product in the grocery store and they ran to the back of the store, bagged up what I needed, and ran it back to me in under two minutes. 2.       CUSTOMER SERVICE IN RESTAURANTS The customer service in restaurants is quite different than in the U.S.  Typically, they have a button at the table that you press when you are ready t