Skip to main content

BACK IN AMERICA!

Hi everyone!! It's been so long since I've updated this blog, sadly. Our life has just seemed so crazy and busy, especially lately. So, where do I start?! So much has happened since the last blog. We've moved away from Japan, which went really well but I have to say I miss it a lot! I miss the people but I know most of them will move in the next couple years so I will see them again. I really miss the culture and the people and our church. I don't miss the food as much as I thought i would, probably because I can get sushi and ramen around Eugene. I miss the small things. For example, I'm on a bus right now heading to Portland and miss having vending machines everywhere that I can just snag my favorite green tea from. I miss the weather more than I thought I would! Eugene has been so cold and snowy, which has been a lot of fun especially being away from it for so long but I have to say, there's something about the warm weather that makes me more motivated. More motivated to work out, to go outside, to do random things. I do appreciate finally being able to wear layers and boots and jackets and scarves though. I've loved being home and being able to spend time with my family and friends. It was especially nice over the holidays. I've loved spending time with my nieces and cousins and seeing how people have changed. I've loved going to the beach and being reminded of how beautiful oregon is. And how it doesn't have to be a warm, sunny beach to be beautiful. I sincerely enjoyed our time in Japan and I couldn't be more grateful to the Lord for that time. 

As for jobs and settling down in our next location, that has been a bit of a struggle. We are moving to Austin, Texas on (or around) February 1st and we are going to load up the car and drive down. We are anticipating a 5 day drive possibly, but I think it sounds like a lot of fun. Arthur is no longer with PenFed in what was a crazy turn of events. He has worked with that company for 11 years of his life and been such a great employee and succeeded in Japan greatly. It's unfortunate that the company doesn't treat their employees better but I understand that every company has their flaws. Arthur has been applying to jobs in Texas and has had quite a few interviews and job prospects, which is exciting. Unknown circumstances are sometimes nerve-racking, but we've had our fair share of them and the Lord has led us through them and prepared the path for us and we are believing that He has a wonderful plan for us in Texas.

As for a job for myself, once we arrive in Austin, I will start looking for something. It will be so nice to see Arthur's family again (it has been so long!). They moved to Texas almost a year ago so it will be nice to have some family around. Our friend from Japan lives in Austin too, so it'll be nice to hang out with him and his girlfriend and have that connection as well. I signed up for a women's soccer league, which I'm super excited for. It's been so long since I've played so it'll be nice to play again, and it might be a good avenue to meet new friends. We don't know what church we will go to yet but I find it kind of fun to explore different ones and choose the one that feels like home.

It will feel weird to leave Oregon and not get on a plane to go back to Japan. It'll be weird driving away and saying bye but it'll be much easier knowing that we are just a quick flight away and in a much easier time zone than from Japan.  I'm excited for this new season in our life.

Our trip back from Japan was long but went well. We went from Okinawa to Tokyo, then to LA, then to Eugene where we were greeted by my family and cousins and aunt. The jet lag wasn't too bad until a couple days in, but that could have also been a factor of us being so crazy busy with so many Christmas plans and doing so much. We celebrated Christmas with my dad and step mom at my brother and his wife's house on Dec 23rd, then Arthur and I spent the night and woke up and celebrated Christmas with my mom and her fiancé  On Christmas Day, we had a nice breakfast at my dad's house, and then went to our big family gathering with all the family that I hadn't seen in a long time. It was such a nice week and it's been so great to spend time and see family that I haven't in a while. We spent our New Year's Eve at a beautiful wedding, which was so much fun. I've never been to a wedding on New Year's Eve before but it's such a fun idea. 

Since New Years, we've mainly been spending time hanging out with friends and family, Arthur's been applying for and interviewing for jobs, and trying to be productive. We have less than two weeks left here and I'm sure it's going to fly by. Once my bus gets to Portland, I'm meeting my friend and we are driving up to Seattle for two nights for a little girls trip. Then I'll spend one night in Portland with Arthur and his cousin. I'm excited for all of it, just can't believe how fast time flies. I can't believe how fast Japan went by. I've heard time goes by faster he older you get and it's sad because it's true. But I'm so thankful for all the wonderful memories I have and look forward to all the ones we will continue to have. I ask that you pray for guidance and safety for our trip to Texas and that we would fully trust in the Lord and His plans for our life in Texas. Thank you for reading this!! Love you all!

**I'm just now posting this after getting back from my trip to Seattle and Portland, both which were so much fun. Below our some pictures of our adventures these last few weeks :) I hope you enjoy! 

Bowling with Arthur's cousins and her kids :)

Christmas Eve with Derek and Katie :)
Seattle with Jamie! 

Arthur and I at the coast! 

My mom and I at the coast! 
Rich (my mom's fiance), my mom, and Arthur and I
Christmas Eve with my cousins and my cousin's girlfriend. 
Our new car!! I look giant next to it haha... 
Odell Lake trip and cross-country skiing! 
New Year's Eve wedding with my beautiful mom and aunt.
2011 or 2017?? (Mom, Derek, and I)
My love and I.
Love you guys!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No words needed.

Names are only so helpful--> but pictures! That's what draws people in.  Could be a memory of a time, or the feeling you get when you picture yourself in that situation.  The power of photography is huge . Pictures can take you back to a moment you had-- one that you could never go back and repeat, and it gives you joy.  Photography can also cause laughter, and quite frequently--embarrassment.  For those pictures, thankfully there is a delete button.  But compare this post to my last one.  Instead of the names of all of the cities and countries to visit on a Eurotrip , try pictures .  See if it entices you more.  These pictures correlate with the list of cities in my previous blogpost... but I will have to split it in half and show you the first fifteen in this post, the last 16 in the next.. :)

Tiffany & Co Bridal Shower

So you've seen my Coral themed bridal shower (For those of you that haven't, you should definitely check it out here ) but as my duties as a maid of honor, I was given the opportunity and privilege to host my cousin's bridal shower.  When I asked her what she wanted as a theme- she knew instantly.  "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  I had no idea how many great ideas I would find on Pinterest under this category, but let me tell you- there was millions!  It was so fun.  We had it this last saturday at the same place I had mine at- so some of the things look pretty similar, just in a different color.  Everyone was asked to wear black which was adorable, and the bride wore a black and white dress so she stood out.  She looked so beautiful.

10 Reasons Why Japan is Wonderful

Japan is a very special, unique little place.  Well- it’s not THAT little. Especially when it holds a population of around 127 million.  But what makes Japan so great?  Because as soon as you step on their soil, you know there is something wonderful about the place.  I’ve compiled a list of interesting characteristics about Japan and its people that have captured my love for this foreign, hello-kitty loving, beautiful place.   CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I haven’t been somewhere that has such great customer service.  They will literally run to get you what you asked for, or run around to try and make sure that the customer is happy.  I once asked about a product in the grocery store and they ran to the back of the store, bagged up what I needed, and ran it back to me in under two minutes. 2.       CUSTOMER SERVICE IN RESTAURANTS The customer service in restaurants is quite different than in the U.S.  Typically, they have a button at the table that you press when you are ready t