Skip to main content

GETTING READY TO LEAVE OKINAWA :(

The Lord is so good. He knows just what you need when you don't even realize it. I praise God that I was able to spend time with family this summer. I praise God that I was able to spend 4 nights in a secluded cabin with my Dad and Becky, my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. I didn't know that it would be the last time I saw my Grandpa, but sadly he passed away about a week ago. I just can't stop being so thankful for the time I had with him this summer. I am also thankful that he is now in Heaven and no longer in pain. He is with my brother laughing away, and for that I am grateful. I'm thankful I was around a woman (who is like another mother to me) when I found out he passed away who was so kind and comforting to me. The Lord is good, even in times of sorrow and pain. We may be sad down here but my Grandpa is up with the Lord now and for that, we can find joy!
My Dad, Grandpa, and Brother at the rehearsal dinner this August. 
Grandpa and Grandma at Derek and Katie's wedding

All 4 of us at our wedding two years ago (2014) 
It will be nice to be near to our families when we go through hard times like this. I'm thankful for a loving and supportive husband who cares about me so much and comforts me in times of trial.
_________________________________________________________________________________

We have about 6 weeks left here in Okinawa.. how is that possible?! Last Friday was my last day at work so I am officially jobless... Surprisingly, I was kind of sad to leave my job. I really had been enjoying it and enjoying who I work with and what I do. I'm excited for what this next chapter of life will bring though. I know these next 6 weeks here are going to fly by. This coming week (first week with no work) I'm going to be spending a lot of time with friends, sleeping a little more than normal, going on mid-morning runs, going to cafes and enjoying coffee and brunches, and being productive (that's the plan, at least). The following week we have some friends coming for about 5 days so I will be showing them around Okinawa and taking them to our favorite restaurants (the best ones on island). The week after that, IT'S THANKSGIVING already! We are going to Hong Kong for 6 days, which will be our last trip while we are here. Then we will probably pack up our household goods and ship them back stateside, move into temporary housing, and then we are leaving! It's all so crazy and coming so fast.

I'm going to miss this beautiful island.




We have plans in place now too (Lord willing), which is insane! We are leaving our beloved Okinawa around December 15. We will be stopping briefly in Canada because we love it there, and then we will fly into Oregon a little after that! We will spend a couple weeks with my family over Christmas and New Years, and then around the second week in January (or so..), we will be moving to AUSTIN, TX. 


Arthur and I in Austin 2 years ago a couple months after we got married. 
Austin, TX
We have big changes coming and I'm so excited, but also a little anxious. I'm trusting in the Lord and I know His ways are higher than mine. I'm excited to go to a new place with Arthur and be in the states, as well as closer to family (less than a 24 hour trip).

So much has happened between now and my post about our Oregon trip in August, so maybe I'll have more time to post about it here :) My Aunt Pam and Uncle Galand came to Okinawa and we also took  a trip to Tokyo with them and we had SO much fun. I'll post about it soon but for now, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! :)

xo.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No words needed.

Names are only so helpful--> but pictures! That's what draws people in.  Could be a memory of a time, or the feeling you get when you picture yourself in that situation.  The power of photography is huge . Pictures can take you back to a moment you had-- one that you could never go back and repeat, and it gives you joy.  Photography can also cause laughter, and quite frequently--embarrassment.  For those pictures, thankfully there is a delete button.  But compare this post to my last one.  Instead of the names of all of the cities and countries to visit on a Eurotrip , try pictures .  See if it entices you more.  These pictures correlate with the list of cities in my previous blogpost... but I will have to split it in half and show you the first fifteen in this post, the last 16 in the next.. :)

Tiffany & Co Bridal Shower

So you've seen my Coral themed bridal shower (For those of you that haven't, you should definitely check it out here ) but as my duties as a maid of honor, I was given the opportunity and privilege to host my cousin's bridal shower.  When I asked her what she wanted as a theme- she knew instantly.  "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  I had no idea how many great ideas I would find on Pinterest under this category, but let me tell you- there was millions!  It was so fun.  We had it this last saturday at the same place I had mine at- so some of the things look pretty similar, just in a different color.  Everyone was asked to wear black which was adorable, and the bride wore a black and white dress so she stood out.  She looked so beautiful.

10 Reasons Why Japan is Wonderful

Japan is a very special, unique little place.  Well- it’s not THAT little. Especially when it holds a population of around 127 million.  But what makes Japan so great?  Because as soon as you step on their soil, you know there is something wonderful about the place.  I’ve compiled a list of interesting characteristics about Japan and its people that have captured my love for this foreign, hello-kitty loving, beautiful place.   CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I haven’t been somewhere that has such great customer service.  They will literally run to get you what you asked for, or run around to try and make sure that the customer is happy.  I once asked about a product in the grocery store and they ran to the back of the store, bagged up what I needed, and ran it back to me in under two minutes. 2.       CUSTOMER SERVICE IN RESTAURANTS The customer service in restaurants is quite different than in the U.S.  Typically, they have a button at the table that you press when you are ready t