Skip to main content

Why Cinque Terre is a Must.


Cinque Terre by far has to be the most beautiful place I have ever visited.  It almost looks like it was just photoshopped on the edge of the Italian coast.  Cinque Terre is located in the Northwestern region of  Italy, right along the coast of the Ligurian Sea, which is actually part of the Mediterranean Sea.  It received its name because it is quite literally "The Five Lands": Riomaggiore, Manarola, Cornelia, Vernazza, and Monterosso al Mare.  I, however think it actually means "The most beautiful place in the world", but I guess we will never know. My mom and I were so fortunate to be able to spend a few days here, and it was the best 20th birthday I could have imagined.  We fell in love with Cinque Terre immediately.  I believe anyone who goes here will do the same. Here are my reasons why.

1.  This should go without saying, but it is quite simply beautiful.
All the buildings are painted in a variety of bright colors, which according to local legends, weren't always that way.  They used to be painted the colors of the rocks to camouflage them from the pirates who would sail along the Ligurian Coast looking for towns to pillage. Many of years later, after the attacks had stopped- they painted the buildings the colors of the Italian Riviera- reminding the locals of the hard-fought independence of the lovely villages they live in.


So not only is it beautiful, but it strong and full of vigor.

2. There are FIVE villages... and they are all beautiful.  
They are all connected by trail called the Sentiero Azzuro.  So you arrive in the village you're staying in, amazed at how incredible it truly is- and then you get to experience that amazement 4 times over again.  It doesn't stop, because each little town is just as unique and beautiful as the last.  How many places have you been that you can quintuple your love for the place just by walking a mile or so?!


Plus, if you're too tired or not much into walking, you can take a ferry ride to each little village.  How great is that??

3. Sentiero Azzuro
Like I mentioned in number 2, there is a hiking trail that will take you to each of the little villages.  I have yet to find a hiking trail as incredible as this one though.  It takes you right alongside the Ligurian Coast- full of beautiful blue water, amazing views, cute little notes, locks, pretty flowers, cute benches, and floral tunnels. 




4.  Explore into the villages- and they are just as great
You don't have to be walking along the coastline to understand how beautiful this place is.  The little flower shops and the cute little "ristorantes" and coffee shops really make this place incredible.  Not to mention the layout of their land is something I have never seen before.  Steep streets, small staircases, tiny alleyways, and tall buildings on either side as you walk make this place perfect





5.  There's a perfect beach that you can swim, tan, people watch, or just relax on.  
Since most of the villages are built up onto rocks, there isn't much of a beach area to relax or swim along-unless you go cliff jumping which is equally as awesome.  But sometimes you just want a place to lay out your towel, jump in the water, then go relax under the sun.  Monterosso is the place to be for that.  Being the largest of the five villages, and the only town with a beach, the area wasn't too packed. 


6.  The sunsets.  
This goes along with this place being beautiful- but c'mon.  I just am amazed.  Looking at this picture makes me want to go back there so badly.  Italy- you are a beautiful, beautiful country.


7. The water.
I am constantly in awe when I see bright blue, green, or turquoise water- and this place had it all.  The water was so clear and beautiful.  I know that I've said "beautiful" probably like 10 times already- but I can't really emphasize it enough.  It is that great people.  Please go see it for yourself and you will understand.



Also- the night time is so so wonderful too.  I can't really decide which time of day is cooler?  Maybe I'll just have to take a trip back, like ASAP.  



Have you been to Cinque Terre?  What was your favorite part?  Would you add anything to my list?  Comment below and tell me what you think! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No words needed.

Names are only so helpful--> but pictures! That's what draws people in.  Could be a memory of a time, or the feeling you get when you picture yourself in that situation.  The power of photography is huge . Pictures can take you back to a moment you had-- one that you could never go back and repeat, and it gives you joy.  Photography can also cause laughter, and quite frequently--embarrassment.  For those pictures, thankfully there is a delete button.  But compare this post to my last one.  Instead of the names of all of the cities and countries to visit on a Eurotrip , try pictures .  See if it entices you more.  These pictures correlate with the list of cities in my previous blogpost... but I will have to split it in half and show you the first fifteen in this post, the last 16 in the next.. :)

Tiffany & Co Bridal Shower

So you've seen my Coral themed bridal shower (For those of you that haven't, you should definitely check it out here ) but as my duties as a maid of honor, I was given the opportunity and privilege to host my cousin's bridal shower.  When I asked her what she wanted as a theme- she knew instantly.  "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  I had no idea how many great ideas I would find on Pinterest under this category, but let me tell you- there was millions!  It was so fun.  We had it this last saturday at the same place I had mine at- so some of the things look pretty similar, just in a different color.  Everyone was asked to wear black which was adorable, and the bride wore a black and white dress so she stood out.  She looked so beautiful.

10 Reasons Why Japan is Wonderful

Japan is a very special, unique little place.  Well- it’s not THAT little. Especially when it holds a population of around 127 million.  But what makes Japan so great?  Because as soon as you step on their soil, you know there is something wonderful about the place.  I’ve compiled a list of interesting characteristics about Japan and its people that have captured my love for this foreign, hello-kitty loving, beautiful place.   CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I haven’t been somewhere that has such great customer service.  They will literally run to get you what you asked for, or run around to try and make sure that the customer is happy.  I once asked about a product in the grocery store and they ran to the back of the store, bagged up what I needed, and ran it back to me in under two minutes. 2.       CUSTOMER SERVICE IN RESTAURANTS The customer service in restaurants is quite different than in the U.S.  Typically, they have a button at the table that you press when you are ready t